Hello! Fáilte! This is episode one – the Introductions episode – where we tell you a little bit about ourselves and a lot about our plans for BLASTA!
So, wherever you are in the world – and whatever your fibre craft – sit down, relax and have a listen.
In this episode we mention:
- Debbie Stoller’s book “Stitch ‘n Bitch Crochet: The Happy Hooker” in relation to Irish Crochet Lace
- Clones Summer School in relation to workshops in Irish Crochet Lace
- In June 2012 Dearbhla attended a workshop in The Constant Knitter by Olga Krivenko on Russian-made Irish Crochet Lace. The attached photographs that Dearbhla took show the stunning work done by Olga and her friends in Russia and Olga demonstrating how to do the netting around Irish Crochet motifs.
- Irish Yarn shops mentioned were:
- This Is Knit in Dublin City Centre
- Springwools in Walkinstown, Dublin
- The website for craft beers in Ireland is Beoir.org
- Kate Davies’ articles in relation to the Aran Sweater Myth can be found on her blog at http://katedaviesdesigns.com/2009/12/09/cable/ and also on Deirdre Nelson’s Tumblr at http://barantuil.tumblr.com/arangansey
Come and meet us in the Podcaster Lounge at Edinburgh Yarn Festival on March 14th and 15th. In the meantime, engage with us on social media at:
Theme Music is “Trouble With a Capital T” by Horslips and is used with kind permission of Horslips’ management.