Welcome to Episode 2!
This episode, Dearbhla met with Yvonne of Dublin Dye Company. Even though Yvonne was in the middle of getting stock ready to sell at Edinburgh Yarn Festival – her first major show – she generously took time out to be interviewed for BLASTA.
Some links and visuals for what was mentioned in this episode:
- In the dye shed, Yvonne mentions that Dearbhla previously bought Shetland Roving from Dublin Dye Company’s Etsy shop:
- Back in the dye shed, Yvonne discusses how she dyed the custom-dyes yarn that Caroline requested for Dearbhla, Prism:
- During the interview, Yvonne was working on Autumn Whispers by Carol Feller in Dublin Dye Swing Sock Water Sprite
- These are the photographs Dearbhla shows Caroline as they chat about the colours Yvonne dyes:
- At the end of the show, Dearbhla and Caroline do some taste-testing of wine and ciders from Llewellyns Orchard:
Links to the wine and cider that were tasted:
- Lusca Irish Wine
- Double L Medium Cider
- Double L Bone Dry Cider
- Pear Cider (no link available)
- Llewellyn’s Irish Balsamic Cider Vineagar
Theme Music is “Trouble With a Capital T” by Horslips and is used with kind permission of Horslips’ management.
Note: The initial introduction between Claire and Dearbhla was done using a Skype plug-in which created a split-channel track with questionable audio quality. You may need to readjust your volume levels but the segment is only a few minutes long. Our apologies for this and thanks for your patience while we scale this learning cliff!