For this episode we join Dublin yarn store, This Is Knit, as they celebrate Carol Feller’s latest publications:
First I met with Carol to find out about her life, her design process and her future plans.
During this interview, Carol or I mention:
- A Playful Day podcast
- Contemporary Irish Knits
- Doddy ball
- Two Irish designers in Knitty Winter 2007: Fair Isle Rapids by Kieran Foley
- Patterns published by Carol in 2015 so far (I counted 39 – it’s actually 42!!)
- Dragon Flames pattern and blogging about the design process
- La Leche League
- Carol’s Classes with Craftsy: Short Rows (free), Celtic Cables, Sweater Surgery and Essential Short Row Techniques.
- Pin-up Queen sweater pattern designed by Annie Modesitt in the first Stitch and Bitch book
- Baa Ram Ewe yarn shop in Yorkshire
- Titus Fingering weight Yarn
- Dovestone DK weight yarn
- Ravi sweater pattern design by Carol
- Mithral sweater pattern design by Carol and the related KAL
- Joeli’s Kitchen Blog
- Essentialism by Greg McKeon (erroneously referred to as George in the audio!)
- This Is Knit’s Irish Yarn Club 2016 featuring three Ireland-based dyers: Dublin Dye Company who are collaborating with Donegal Yarns, Townhouse Yarns and Hedgehog Fibres.
Afterwards, we headed over to in Dublin City Centre’s Powerscourt Townhouse to meet Carol’s fans for a book signing in This Is Knit. I chat with
- Hilser as she talks about planning to make Tamarindo in “Trinity” from Townhouse Yarns
- Ann and her Ravi (haven’t been able to track down Ann online)
- vonniemagoo talks about wanting to make Estrella from Short Row Knits, as well as previously making Centrique shawl and Captiva Wrap
- Deirdre (a.k.a. Gansai on Ravelry) and Mary discuss trying on the samples and taking part in the Mithral KAL
- Viminal from Dovestone Hills
8 thoughts on “Episode 8: Carol Feller”
love all the patterns ..especially Jimenez , with its side to side construction and that it uses linen
I’m very taken with Jimenez too – plus I have some linen in my stash…
I am really taken with Taupo. Loved the interview…thanks.
Glad you liked the interview and thanks for commenting. Can you say what it is you like about Taupo (to be in with a chance to win!)?
I just love Zapote… The little toggles are so sweet. Lots of little ones in our family so in always on the lookout for unique baby knits.
I was excited to see who the lucky winner of last months’s giveaway was. Was it posted somewhere else?
I love her Vesuvius Cowl, which gets a lot of wear and compliments.
I can’t believe how accomplished Carol is after only 7 years. I really enjoyed the interview and always look forward to any new Carol Feller pattern.
I love a lot of Carol’s cardigans but have only knit Ravi and I loved the design elements we were introduced to in the pattern. From Short Row Knits I really like Zapote and the sock patterns look interesting too 🙂